Unity's internal reachability check returns the type of Internet reachability possible on the current device. As mentioned in their documentation, this does not check for your actual connectivity - it only determines whether the device can, for example, connect to a hot spot. That's not very helpful if the actual route to the network is unavailable.
Online Check's main purpose is to gain a little bit more comfort by keeping track of your connection state, without consulting your browser or the OS display, which both usually cause an unnecessary delay. This tool doesn't check if you're connected to a specific network. It checks if you have access to the Internet, which, for example, comes in handy when you're on the road connected to a public WiFi.
Can reliably check for Internet connectivity:
- Run on Start: Start checking as soon as the scene loads
- Manual Mode: Check whenever necessary
- Endless Mode: Automatically check continuously between intervals
- Fallback Check: Automatically keeps checking in case of connection loss
- Freely configurable intervals
- Maximum 8KB of data downloaded per hour (at 10 checks per minute)
Specialized checks for each platform:
- Windows / WSA (UWP)
- MacOS / iOS
- Linux / Android
- Generic for all other platforms and devices
Flexible & expandable
- Powerful API for maximum control!
- Proxy Manager for Internet connections!
- Contains 2 demo scenes!
- Comprehensive API, documentation & support!
- Full C# Source Code
- Works on with Unity 5.1 - Unity 2017!
- Works with Windows, Mac and Linux editors!
- Support for all build platforms!